“Everything worth has been already written or said , the only issue is that the same has not been either properly read or accepted wholly by everyone.”
― Anuj Somany
It has been said that it’s okay to make mistakes but that we shouldn’t make the same mistake twice. We’re all aware of this but don’t you find it funny that sometimes, even if it’s not your intention, you actually DO the same mistake twice?
How many times have you chosen to pass by your usual route almost certain that this is the fastest way to the office but ended up regretting your decision? How many times have you gone over your curfew knowing full well that your dad won’t be happy and that there is a big chance you won’t get to sleep in your own bed that night? Everyone has his or her own story to tell. People can really be stubborn at times.
The same can be said about some of the truths about life that we are aware yet we continue to ignore and here are some of them.
1. Life is short – We are all aware of how short and fast life is yet we continue to take it for granted by not living it to the fullest. We spend less time with our loved ones and devote most of our time with work; we settle for mediocrity by continuing to be lazy and be comfortable with where we are.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. We only have one shot at it so why not make the most of it? Take responsibility and own your life by doing the things you love and spending as much time with your loved ones as possible because we are on borrowed time and everything you enjoy now may not be there tomorrow.
2. You can’t please everyone – We were all raised to have different beliefs, religion, and ideologies and these beliefs is what sets us apart from one another yet we continue to try to win other people’s approval and live other people’s lives in the process. Yes, most of the people you know will agree with you most of the time but it is rather childish to expect everyone to do so.
Don’t depend on what others will say. Don’t shape your life a certain way if the purpose of doing so is to only to please someone. Live your life according to your ideals and stop trying to please everyone.
3. You will fail – No matter how good or efficient you think you are, in every attempt, failure will always be a possibility. It’s just a fact of life that you have to accept. Even the greatest minds, the smartest inventors, and the richest of millionaires experienced failure more times than you think yet we continue to let failure keep us down and take away our focus from getting things done.
Thomas Edison, perhaps the most successful inventor of his time, failed more times than actually producing something. If he didn’t fail that many times, we may not be enjoying the comfort brought about by his inventions.
4. Happiness is a choice you have to make – Life is not always a bed of roses and that being said, tough times will come whether you like it or not. While it’s a natural reaction to feel bad, we all know that it is still up to us if we will continue to soak ourselves in misery or start picking ourselves up and continue to be happy. We are aware that there’ always a choice yet we continue to choose the wrong option by having our own little pity parties and having a victim’s mentality.
We can be happy no matter what the circumstance and Viktor Frankl, author of Man’s Search for Meaning, proved this when he found a way to be happy and hopeful even in the face of death as a victim of the holocaust.
5. Change is inevitable – It sounds cliché but you can’t deny the fact that the only thing permanent in this world is change so why waste your energy trying to fight something that’s bound to happen? We all know that nothing in the world is permanent and that the best way to keep up with the times and continue living a wonderful life is by adapting to change yet we still insist on getting left behind and doing the things we’ve been used to because it’s familiar and we’re comfortable doing it.
6. Everyone deserves a second chance – We all know that everyone, no matter what their faults are, deserves our forgiveness. We can’t stay bitter and vengeful forever because these feelings will only hold us back yet some of us continue to harbor ill feelings toward those who have caused them pain. While it is true that forgiveness can be a bitter pill to swallow, you must also remember that time heals all wounds.
Let go of your pride and move forward because if Jesus Christ can find it in His heart to forgive, who are you not to?
7. You can’t expect others to love you if you don’t love yourself – Before you start being nice to others and being kind to everyone, do make sure that you’ll be both toward yourself too. As a human being, you are not perfect. You have your flaws and you will make mistakes from time to time yet you continue to hate yourself and wish you were someone else.
You have to learn to accept who you are and what you are before you expect people to accept you. Everyone’s special in the eyes of God and no matter what card you’ve been dealt with, you are bound for greatness. You just have to believe in what you are capable of.
They said the truth will set you free and what I mentioned above are just some of the facts of life, truths, that we should learn to accept and live by. You can’t turn a blind eye on these things forever and continue living a lie. Who are you kidding?
What other facts of life have you been trying to ignore?
I would love to hear from you so feel free to leave a comment or feedback below.
You can also share this content via twitter